TORINO, ITALY — The international contemporary art fair, Artissima, begins Friday in Torino. Now in its sixteenth year, the dynamic event will bring together an exciting network of emerging artists, gallery owners and curators from around the globe. Fair director Andrea Bellini describes Artissima as "an authentic intellectual adventure, a place where personal encounters, tastes and choices are still important: a type of approach to contemporary art that is dedicated to true collectors and art lovers."
Artissima 16 will be held in and around the Lingotto Building, formerly home a huge Fiat factory complete with a rooftop test track. The fair is divided into sections offering paintings, drawings, sculptures, installations, videos, photographs and performances.
Inside the fair:
- MAIN SECTION - the most important Italian and international galleries
- NEW ENTRIES - young galleries taking part in Artissima for the first time
- PRESENT FUTURE - devoted to emerging talent
- CONSTELLATIONS - large-format museum-type works
- LISTEN TO THE WRITER - guided tours for the general public
- ARTISSIMA CINEMA - the world of the visual arts, theater, music, dance, poetry, cinema and video art
- THE STORE - a celebration of art objects, and a critical reflection on the market
Outside the fair:
- BLINDING THE EARS - action, behavior, instant theater
- ARTISSIMA VOLUME - the links, inspiration and influences between the visual arts and music
- ARTISSIMA FUMETTO - from the world of comics: the latest, most up-to-date forms of expression
"Once again, art will take us on innovative and unforeseen journeys, helping us to believe in the power of change and of the imagination," said director Bellini._________________
Artissima 16 (Nov. 6 - 8, 2009) @ Lingotto Fiere | Website=================