Share/Bookmark

2/10/2010

Mr. Tambourine Man Gets an Art Show

Bob Dylan on Canvas, Halcyon Gallery, The Drawn Blank
"Sunflowers", an acrylic painting on canvas by legendary singer/songwriter Bob Dylan.
LONDON — A dozen original canvas paintings by the legendary musician Bob Dylan will go on public display Saturday. The exhibit is called Bob Dylan on Canvas and will be on view at London's Halcyon Gallery from February 13 through April 10.

"I just draw what's interesting to me, and then I paint it. Rows of houses, orchard acres, lines of tree trunks, could be anything. I can take a bowl of fruit and turn it into a life and death drama," said 68-year-old Dylan. "I'm not trying to make social comment or fulfill somebody's vision and I can find subject matter anywhere. I guess in some way that comes out of the folk world that I came up in."

The twelve paintings are the grand finale of The Drawn Blank Series and are based on drawings made while the singer/songwriter was on the road touring between 1989 and 1992. The works will be available for purchase at prices ranging from $137,000 to $727,000.
______
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails